Really like this recipe…
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons shortening
3/4 cups warm water
1. Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and cut in shortening.
2. Make a well in the center and add warm water.
3. Knead until dough is smooth.
4. Cover and set aside for 20 minutes.
5. Heat about 1-2 inches of oil in a pan on medium-high heat. If the oil isn’t hot enough, the dough won’t puff.
6. Roll dough to 1/8 inch thickness on a floured surface.
7. Cut dough into 3-4 inch squares and fry on both sides until golden.
8. Drain sopaipillas on paper towels.
You can eat them with honey. You can roll them in sugar and cinnamon. My husband’s favorite is to eat a stuffed sopaipilla filled with ground beef and papitas (cubed fried potatoes)…
View original post 14 more words